Older People & Climate Action
Resources from our 'Older People & Climate Action' workshop
Delivered in partnership with The Climate Coalition, our workshop focused on supporting older people’s engagement in climate action and developing environmental practice in older people’s arts & wellbeing services.
Here are some of the links that were mentioned or discussed during the session:
- The Climate Coalition’s Slide Presentation from the workshop.
- Great Big Green Week Website – please note that the Climate Coalition are just in the process of updating the website over the coming month with refreshed resources.
- Sign up to the Climate Coalition email list – by clicking on ‘sign up to get updates’.
- Sign up on Eventbrite for Climate Coalition training – 27 April, 6-8pm is the Climate Coalition’s next session on how to run a green week.
- Hope for the Future – provide training & specific constituency support.
- Show the Love – finished for this year but gives a good overview of what it’s all about.
- Example of craftivism in action.
Many thanks again to Grace Fisher (Community Organiser/ Mobiliser), Jasmine Vorraso (Campaigns & Communications Assistant) and Hannah McLean-Knight (Coalition Coordinator) from The Climate Coalition for sharing their knowledge and expertise, and for all their help in bringing the workshop together.
Please do sign up for the Climate Coalition and get involved in the Great Big Green Week!
The Climate Coalition is the UK’s largest group of people dedicated to action against climate change. They are a unique coalition of over 140 organisations – including the National Trust, Women’s Institute, Oxfam, and RSPB – and 22 million supporters, with distinctive partnerships across all political parties, multi-faith and development organisations, community and sports groups as well as environmental NGOs.
You can view the video recording of the workshop, ‘Older People & Climate Action in arts & wellbeing services‘, below: