Join us for a free two-part online course in partnership with Protection Approaches, exploring what works in building more inclusive, connected and equitable communities.
Flourishing Lives, the Flourishing Lives Advisory Group (FLAG) and Protection Approaches invite you to our free two-part online training providing practical support for services working with older people and in community settings.
The expert-led session will see participants guided through a series of interactive activities and discussions to explore how they can contribute to building strong, inclusive, connected, and equitable communities.
The session will take place on the 1st and 2nd of August, totalling 6 hours altogether.
- Session one: 1st of August, 10am – 1pm
- Session two: 2nd of August, 10am – 1pm
Please note: the requirement is to attend both sessions.
You will investigate:
- The causes of community divides and marginalisation
- What really works in building more inclusive, connected and equitable communities, including best practice in community building from around the world
- The practical actions you can take in your communities to dismantle the barriers faced by those who are marginalised, and to make those communities more connected and equitable
- The principles guiding how to work in and with communities in meaningful, participatory ways
- Methodologies to design impactful projects for positive change
Is it for me?
- Are you involved in some sort of community perhaps through a club, your workplace, a faith group, a voluntary group, a forum, or an association?
- Are you passionate about making our communities more inclusive, connected and equitable places for all but not sure where to start or want to gain new skills?
If you answered “yes” this training has been designed for you. We particularly want to encourage people who might think twice before joining a training like this such as those with special educational needs or who don’t always feel confident speaking up in group activities. The Flourishing Lives and Protection Approaches teams will be happy to speak to you ahead of the training to understand how we can make sure it is as accessible and comfortable for you as possible.
Following the training, every participant will receive a certificate and will be encouraged and supported to apply what they have learned to work they are already doing or even to a new initiative whether it is in their workplace, community group, or club.
Please note: Spaces are very limited so please cancel if you are no longer able to make the session so that your ticket can be released to another participant.
Protection Approaches works to change how the world views identity-based violence – and by so doing, change the way we respond to and prevent it. We seek a world where everyone accepts and respects each other, regardless of identity. We are dedicated to doing the hard work necessary to make this vision a reality.
Join us to share ideas, refine your working practices, and meet other progressive people who are striving to innovate and excel community in services.
Tuesday 1st + Wednesday 2nd August 2023, 10am – 1pm BST