Central & Cecil Housing Trust (C&C) is a social landlord providing housing for over 55s in London. We offer a range of accommodation including Sheltered Housing, nursing homes and specialist care homes for people living with dementia.
Although it is common for housing associations to offer activities for their residents, we provide a special focus on the arts and the benefits these can bring in later life. We have seen first-hand the positive impact the arts can have on improving health, wellbeing and community spirit.
We offer our residents an ever evolving programme of creative activities and events, and are always looking to work with arts organisations to expand this.
C&C’s unique Creative Arts service started over 30 years ago. A part time Arts post was established and regular activities were introduced into our different housing schemes and care homes.
As research demonstrates, participation in the arts:
- Promotes inclusion and reduces social isolation
- Advocates lifelong learning
- Encourages individuality and personal expression
- Gives access to new places and experiences
- Builds communities and neighbourhoods
In the Age UK Wellbeing Index 2017: Creative and Cultural Participation ranked number one for contributing to wellbeing in later life.
Projects, outings, and activities take place in the majority of C&C’s communities. We have also collaborated with many well-known arts organisations including Royal Opera House, Green Candle Dance, Magic Me and the Royal Albert Hall.
Our Creative Arts programme has won several industry and funding awards. These include:
- National Housing Federation Community Impact Award in 2012 for our innovative TEA project
- Growing Localities Award in 2013
- EAC Over 60’s Art awards winner/finalists www.eacartawards.org.uk
- Big Draw Drawing Inspiration awards www.thebigdraw.org
The current service is managed by two Creative Arts Coordinators.
For projects in C&C Care Homes, please contact Alison Teader firstname.lastname@example.org
For projects in C&C’s Sheltered Housing schemes, please contact Rachael Dinnage email@example.com
We are always looking to work with new individuals and organisations. If you have any ideas or proposals please contact us.