Argentinian Tango on Read more [...]
Place Category: Dance
Who are we?
– Sage Dance Company was founded in Spring 2010 by choreographer and former First Soloist with the Royal Ballet Company,
– a unique, community, classical ballet-based dance company for those aged 55 and above
– we have 16 members, both men and women, with a wide and varied experience of ballet and other forms of dance.
– to nurture health and well-being by keeping our minds and bodies active through dance
– to keep learning and improving our knowledge, creativity and technique
– to strive to choreograph and create new work that we are proud to perform to a wide audience
– to inspire older people to take up, return to, or keep dancing as late in life as possible.
- Dance is our passion and keeps us younger, happier and connected to a shared community.
- Dance is wonderful for our bodies, our minds and our memories and this is supported by research.
- Older people can offer something different and valuable to the world of dance.
- We bring our rich life experiences to what we do.We regularly perform at a variety of festivals and venues in and around London and are keen to take our work further afield.
- We actively seek to learn new skills. Currently we are learning to choreograph our own work under Simon Rice’s expert direction.