Established in 1972 L Read more [...]
NOCTURN creates and produces the work of John Darvell, exploring experimental contemporary narrative performances drawing on topical social issues.
It sits at the cutting-edge of dance by integrating technology into each artwork.
For NOCTURN, technology is both a tool to extend possibilities and a theme that deserves to be interrogated.
Using dance and accessible technology, we engage audiences in interactive events that they might encounter accidentally, in an installation setting, or online.
Our drive to reach a larger audience, to explore dance in community and educational settings, has resulted in residencies and regular classes throughout Berkshire and casts of professional and non-professional dancers performing together.
Intrinsic to NOCTURN’s professional work is the input of our participants; school children, young people, adults and our online community.
Formed in 2007, the company has consistently spearheaded an alternative approach to accessing dance through the combined use of film, social media, transmedia storytelling and live installation performances.
They have collaborated with artists across genres, asking them to embrace high-risk creative opportunities while navigating this avant-garde and unexplored form of storytelling.
Come Dance With Us
Our youth and community dance programme. NOCTURN have developed an outstanding reputation for delivering excellent participatory workshops.
From weekly classes to holiday courses, dance courses for young people to older adults – we place our community at the very heart of what we do. So if you’re feeling inspired to dance, please do come along. You can read more here.
To give you a general idea of our weekly timetable of participatory workshops, we run sessions from Monday to Thursday.
Our classes run termly, for some we do offer a drop-in rate.
If the class you are interested in has already started, we can arrange a FREE taster session, simply get in contact with us.
- Adult Contemporary Dance | 8.30 – 9.45pm, Learning Centre, Corn Exchange, Newbury – DROP IN RATE AVAILABLE
- Youth Dance Company, for young people aged 11-14 | 6.00 – 7.30pm, Learning Centre, Corn Exchange, Newbury
- Adult Contemporary Dance | 7.30 – 8.45pm, Learning Centre, Corn Exchange, Newbury – DROP IN RATE AVAILABLE
- ILLUME Performance Group | 8.45 – 10.00pm, Learning Centre, Corn Exchange, Newbury
- Dare to Dance for adults over 55 | 4.00 – 5.30pm, Learning Centre, Corn Exchange, Newbury
- Beginners Adult Contemporary Dance | 6.00 – 7.15pm, South Hill Park, Bracknell
- Improvers Adult Contemporary Dance | 7.15 – 8.45pm, South Hill Park, Bracknell
- ILLUME Adult Performance Company | 8.45 – 10.00pm, South Hill Park, Bracknell