Intergenerational Practice Resources
Resources from our 'Intergenerational Forum' meetings
Our Intergenerational Forum offers an informal space for arts & wellbeing providers to meet and share ideas around developing intergenerational practice in their services.Sessions are facilitated in partnership with specialist intergenerational practitioners and organisations, including Chickenshed Theatre, Time & Talents, Magic Me and InCommon.
We meet quarterly and anyone who is interested in developing their intergenerational practice is very welcome to join.
Here are some of the links and resources that have been shared during our Forum meetings:
- The March ’22 meeting was delivered in partnership with Rachel Yates (Creative Producer of Projects & Programme Manager of The Space Between Us Programme at Chickenshed Theatre).
- Rachel shared their ‘Living Letters‘ project and discussed the use of anonymity as a creative and playful spark for intergenerational connection, ensuring that participants are focusing on shared experiences rather than their respective ages.
- You can view Chickenshed’s film about the ‘Living Letters’ project below:
- The June ’22 meeting was delivered in partnership with Phoebe Grudzinskas (Delivery Manager at Time & Talents).
- Phoebe shared Time & Talents’ ‘Green Wall‘ project as an example of a remote intergenerational project and explored the Community Centre as an intergenerational space, discussing how different age-defined programmes can be more closely integrated across generations.
- June ’22 Forum notes developed from the discussion.